Intro to: Two artists on a beach


I open with a story...
No, this is more of an experience than a story. It might take a while to share this experience. But with the COVID-19 lurking outside most of us have some extra time on our hands.

I introduce you to two artists whom my husband, Kelly, and I met on the beach in Corpus Christi. Their names are Cora Rose and Jose Luis Vilchez. They are traveling 30,000 miles in a Funky painted bus labeled Art We There Yet.

Because Kelly and I drove the scenic route to Corpus on Hwy 77 through Waco, Rockdale and Victoria, where the churches are almost built one atop another, I had in mind that the occupants of this odd bus were on some sort of religious pilgrimage; That they were parked on the beach passing out pamphlets and saving souls.

I personally was having my own communion with Nature, on the beach in Corpus Christi, surrounded by sand, sea and so many beautiful birds all trying to get our attention. So at first site of the bus, we just walked on passed.
Later back at the hotel we picked up the local Island Moon news and there they were. Rose and Vilchez it turns out were on a pilgrimage. Their’s was a pilgrimage of hope, peace love and an understanding that the diversity of people is what makes us all strong.

I returned to the beach ran up to the door and almost beat it down before Vilchez opened up. Then while sitting in that bus, watching through the window as Kelly communed with the seagulls outside, Vilchez shared his tea and his story. That next day I met Rose. And now I'm sharing their story with you.

So sit back and experience Cora Rose and Jose Luis Vilchez for yourself. You’ll be so glad you did. If it whets your appetite for more Rose and Vilchez please check back here for updates. And if you really, really want to follow their journey, go to https://artwethereyet.com/blog/. You’ll find a journal of their trip, with photos, music and art. You will learn how you can help fund their work for less than $2 a month, hear Rose sing and possibly snag a piece of their work for yourself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The neighbor 3 blocks away